Monday, August 31, 2009

Cooking Inspired . . .


by Ashley. She has been blogging lately about cooking two new meals/week and she has been using the Food Network for her source of new recipes. Well, I'm always in a rut with what to cook and I feel like I have the same thing on a two week rotation. Soooooo, with her leading the way I thought I would join her quest. However, I'm on more of a modified quest. I would just like to add a new recipe here and there and not so much two/week.

Tonight, I made Poblano Stuffed Peppers from Cooking Light. Like the Food Network, they also have a list of 5-ingredient meals . No, I'm not turning into a vegetarian but sometimes I just want something quick & easy that I can make without breaking the bank. Here is Cooking Light's picture of the Poblano Stuffed Peppers:



Here is mine in comparison:


Okay, so my presentation is a little rough but in my defense I was more interested in taste than looks. Out of a 10, I would give this an 8.5. I would recommend to others if they A)like mexican food and B) like refried beans. I omitted the rice b/c I don't like rice in my mexican food. Also, because it came from Cooking Light, the recipe was relatively healthy and had a lot of protein and fiber in it. It took me less than 10 minutes from start to finish - now, that's a quick meal! I think I would make this again but maybe as a side item to enchiladas or tacos.

David has yet to taste the peppers because he is in class right now. That's another reason why there are times I want something quick and easy - because Monday - Thursday it is just me and the boys eating dinner. Granted, David does take leftovers for lunch/dinner the next day if there are any (meaning, if I cooked.)

1 comment:

Wes & MM said...

Hmmmm, I might be inspired now as well. Thanks for the motivation! - mm

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers