Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 5 - Swimming Lessons and Vacation Bible School


Hughes has turned into a fish over the weekend.  He started off with "wim team hard" and "I'm (s)cared" but he got in the pool and loved it.  I actually was able to stay in the pool area and watch him.  He smiled, kicked, blew bubbles, pushed off the side to the teacher, and just enjoyed himself.  I'm so proud of him and he's really proud of himself, too!

Yeah, for turnarounds.  Now, if I could just get him to like vacation bible school.  We had a tough morning transitioning.  Hughes wanted to stay in the nursery with Banks.  He was not happy with all the loud singing, commotion, and in general - just loud noises.  I left him crying with his group but the teacher said he quickly recovered as they got to the crafts and other fun activities.  I made sure during the morning that my 1st grade group did not run into his 3-year old group.  

Wish us luck with VBS and swimming lessons tomorrow!


No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers