Thursday, November 19, 2009

Apparently, Banks Can't Fly!



Banks did not earn his wings last night. In fact, he failed miserably taking the lamp with him. I'm not really sure what happened but this is the order of events that I'm aware of:

1. Banks and Hughes go upstairs to play in Hughes' room.

- - - - - - around 20 minutes pass by - - - - - -

2. Banks comes down the steps with blood trickling down his nose - barely whimpering (no blood no tears is the motto of the Holman boys - I guess he couldn't see the blood!)

3. I wipe the small gash down and realize it is not very deep.

4. I ask him what happened. To which he responded with "head, booboo, nose, hurt"

5. I gave him some Tylenol.

6. I asked the other playdate Moms what they think - emergency service needed or can it wait until the morning? Decide to wait until the morning. I mean, he's not even crying and he's acting totally normal.

7. Hughes then comes downstairs. I ask him what happened. To which I get "Banks fall down, lamp broke, there was a big crash".

8. I go upstairs to take a look at the accident scene. It looks like Banks tried to stand on Hughes' bedside table and hold on to the lamp for balance purposes. Unfortunately, that didn't work and down came Banks with the lamp onto the train table. I'm not reallly sure what hit him on the bridge of the nose (wooden car, wooden train, train table, plastic toys, etc.)

We went to the pediatrician this morning to get Banks checked out. Everything looks good. Just a superficial cut on the bridge and a very bruised nose. The bruising is still contained to in between the eyes. I'm not sure if it's going to get any worse. Are we going to have two big black eyes or two small black eyes?




Lessons I learned and Things I need to do:
1. Burst both boys' dreams and tell them that they can't fly;
2. Remove the lamp from the bedside table;
3. Banks is a daredevil;
4. Banks is hard headed;
5. Banks can take a licking and keep on ticking;
6. Banks looks like a linebacker right now;
7. Doughnuts make everything better; and
8. Always take your Christmas pictures early! (thank goodness I already have the picture)

1 comment:

Wes & MM said...

Poor Banks! But - quite the tough cookie, huh? I think he kinda looks like a hockey player after a good game. Hugs to everyone!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers