Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mother of the Year Award


Don't worry folks - I've got this award in the bag. Yesterday while changing Collins' pants on his changing table, the little turkey did a twist that landed him on his elbows. Well, with one hand he grabbed the base of a little lamp and with the other, well, the other he grabbed the top of the light bulb.


He screamed. I screamed. He cried. I cried.

We went to the pediatrician where she told me has a 2nd degree superficial burn. He has one big blister and two smaller ones. The pediatrician was astounded at how well he was acting. Even in the dr.'s office, he was completely fine. Of course, I felt terrible.

The picture doesn't do it justice and it's more swollen today. Interestingly, it doesn't seem to bother him. He uses his hand just fine, he grabs toys with it, he pulls my hair with it, etc.

Soooo, I've now moved the lamp to the end of the changing table by his feet. It hurts just to look at his hand.

Clearly, I've got this award in the bag.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers