Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Hughes!

Dear Hughes, 

I can't believe 3 years has flown by and you are now officially 3!  You came into this world like the perfect first born child - on your due date by yourself.  I woke up in the early morning hours on the 9th and knew right away that I was in labor.  I let your dad get some more rest b/c at the time there was nothing he could do for me.  Charlie and I walked and rocked and watched all kinds of crazy tv until I just couldn't take it anymore.  You took your time but you made your appearance into the world at 6:26pm.  Thanks heavens for epidurals - 3 in fact..  The only unfortunate part was that you were monstrous to me- hence the nickname Huge Hughes - 9.11 lbs., 21 3/4 inches.   You have kept up that growth rate, too.  At 3, you are near 37 lbs.   You have had 3 surgeries so far and one more definite one for your lip at age 5.  
  Your bestfriends in the neighborhood are Conley and Wyatt.  Everytime we go for a walk or bike ride, their houses are the first ones you go to.  You love grilled cheese sandwiches and hot dogs.  You don't like vegetables.  Chocolate milk was just introduced to you which made you smile from ear to ear.  If you think something is tasty then you always remark with an "mmmmm".  Potty training is going pretty good.  You get M&Ms for using the potty.  One day I found you had used the stool to get into the treat jar and were enjoying yourself some undeserved treats.  In fact, I have found lately that you use the stools for lots of things that you want like retrieving the Sweet 16 doughnuts off the counter while we're upstairs getting ready for church.
  Speech is coming along.  You talk a lot to me.  I understand about 90%.  You're very quiet at school which makes me sad because I know you have lots of ideas that are just bursting to get out!  One day you will shock them all!  You have great manners and always say "tank oo" and will keep repeating it until someone says "your welcome".  You say "peaz" and "a-ight".  You can say "ye-mmmm" (yes mam) when prompted.  
  Banks adores you.  He thinks you are the funniest person he has ever met and all he wants is to be by your side.  Right now, you get very frustrated when he comes near your toys and you fuss at him.  This makes Banks very sad and he normally comes crawling back to me crying.  I know one day this will end and you will realize what a great brother Banks is.  I hope you two grow up thick as thieves.  
   Hughes, I love you.  I love you when you're moody and fussy.  When you're happy and laughing.  When you're covered in dirt and when you're squeaky clean.  When you wake up from a bad dream crying and when you snuggle up and want to pretend "night night".  I love that your 100% boy, you say nasty when you think something taste bad, and can suck a juice box down in about 3 seconds flat.  My latest love is when you teetee on the potty, say "I did it", jump up and give me a huge unsolicited hug and kiss!  I love those kisses.  
    You are my big boy now but you'll always be my baby.  I love you to the moon and back. 
 love, mama





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Michelle, it may say Brian. I went through the same thing with Connor's speech. It will click one day and you will be amazed. You will finally know what his real voice sounds like. You're right, his mind is racing and he has so many wonderful thoughts going a mile a minute. It will all come out and then phase two begins because now you'll know what he has been thinking for three years. I remember before Connor started talking I would try to read facial expressions or body language but when they talk it's like meeting a whole new person. It is absolutely wonderful. It will happen. The first sentence Connor spoke was "Mommy, pop-pop (popcorn) burn." I had ruined the popcorn. I told my principal at he time and he said "Michelle, he had to tell you that because until then his life had been perfect, free of problems, but the black popcorn bothered him." When he is ready he will talk and sing and then watch out mamma, because it will never stop and you won't want it to. You'll love every minute!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers