Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Progress in Speech


Today, we had a ton of things going on at the house.  We had people pouring concrete for the garage parking pad, workers inside the house putting up crown molding, pest control spraying, Banks laughing and making all his cute little squeaks, and Hughes having his weekly speech therapy session.  Hughes and Miss Joyce had it on the back porch (thank goodness it wasn't 100 degrees).  Hughes did fantastic.  He didn't leave her side once and stayed focused the entire hour.  At one point, I was feeding Banks outside not really paying attention to Hughes and Miss Joyce when I heard him clearly say "elephant".  Now, normally when you point to an animal and ask Hughes what it is, he will make the animal sound.  I couldn't believe my ears when I heard my son say a three-syllable word without any prompting except "what is this".  I'm so proud of him!  He is saying more and more but typicallly it is only things David and I can understand.  We go for our speech evaluation for the district next week.  I'm curious to see what they say.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers