Monday, August 11, 2008

Back To School

Banks saying, "wait for me, don't leave me"!
Hughes thought it was necessary to take two trains with him to school.  This is also a rare shot of him with his bookbag on.  Last year, he wouldn't even touch it.
Here is our best bud Conley.  Conley came right in and started working.  He has been very excited about going to "Hughes' school".  Conley also wanted a "worm bookbag" like Hughes.  I love these boys together.  I hope they remain fast friends forever.  And it's always a plus when you like the parents just as much.  Maybe our next joint vacation the boys will get to come.
So, The Island School started back today.  Of course, Hughes only had one week of vacation between summer session and fall session but I still made a big deal about it.  David did not understand why but I made him go to drop-off with me.  We got to meet the new teacher and take in all the supplies (I now know what parents feel like when they're lugging in all these school supplies).  The school moved to its new location and it looks great.  Hughes had no problem with drop off and immediately started playing (with a dollhouse but who's telling).  He'll move to the 3 year old class come October.  I asked if they had to be potty trained to move to that class and the director told me no.  Thanks goodness b/c potty training has taken a back seat.  We decided that maybe we weren't ready.  We'll give it another shot a few months from now.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers