Holy Moly, I'm 37!
I had a great birthday weekend. It started off with a shopping excursion on Friday with two friends and ended with a dinner on Saturday night. The boys gave me a mani/pedi gift certificate which I can't wait to use and David gave me the gift of not asking how much I spent on my shopping trip :) I think 37 is going to be a pretty great year!
In honor of my birthday, I thought I would list 37 things about yours truly. In no particular order :)
1. I think God gave me three of the cutest boys on earth to be my sons.
2. I'm pretty good at interrupting/understanding children with speech problems.
3. I went shopping on Friday for me and for the first time in seven years did not buy one single kid item.
4. I started back running in January and I feel pretty good.
5. I love my suburban and will probably choose to get another one when the time calls for it.
6. I like to visit the snow. Not a big fan of it in my yard.
7. I'm terrible at keeping in touch with friends.
8. I like to make lists and scratch things off.
9. I'm a beer snob. Wine doesn't really interest me.
10. Sapphires are my favorite stone.
11. If I could live on mexican food and great steaks then I would.
12. I love to travel and have a list of places for David and I to go visit.
13. I have two burns on my right arm both from food - grits and popcorn.
14. I know all of the words to Sir Mixalot's I Like Big Butts.
15. My Mom's nickname for me while I was growing up was Suzie.
16. I walked the picket line with my Dad when Eastern Airlines went on strike.
17. My Dad was hijacked in 1982/83 to Cuba.
18. I was a tomboy growing up.
19. My first car was a yellow Volkswagen Beetle. It's still in my Mom's garage.
20. I would like to become a better seamstress so that I can make curtains like my mom.
21. I don't mind driving long distances but if I'm the co-pilot then I will be asleep in two seconds.
22. I drink one Coke a day.
23. I love to eat out.
24. I love to shop but do not have enough endurance to hang with BecBec when she shops.
25. I'm going to buy an extra-large bicycle seat for my bike. The current one is as wide as a banana.
26. I have one doggone great husband.
27. I love college football but don't want my boys to play it.
28. I was an exchange student in Italy and studied in Spain for the summer during college.
29. I typically only read books during the summer and then I'm voracious.
30. The color green and tan skin are my favorite colors on me.
31. The beach calls my name. I crave flip flops and sand between my toes.
32. Friends really are the best medicine.
33. My favorite candy bar is a Butterfinger.
34. I can make a mean guacamole.
35. When I think of my dad, it is always with him smiling.
36. I think often about "what if we had a 4th child".
37. Hughes and Banks remind me of Bill and Kent. Lawd, help me!