Today is Dad's birthday. I hope when you are a father that you are just like him. I thought I would list 36 (in honor of his age) things you should know and remember about your dad.
1. He's really smart and has a crazy amount of self-discipline when it comes to studying hence the Ph.D. and J.D.
2. He makes the best car crash noises and sound effects while playing with y'all.
3. He makes up songs and sings them to y'all on request. Even if it is has been 6 months since he first made it up, he always remembers the song.
4. He can look up anything on YouTube and learn how to fix it. He's done it with his car window and our washing machine.
5. He's crazy patient with y'all.
6. He always treats your mama with respect and love.
7. He loves his Clemson Tigers and graduated from there in 1999 with a B.S. in microbiology.
8. His first car was a Bronco.
9. He had long hair in high school. Believe it.
10. He works extremely hard. Like crazy hard for us.
11. He loves DC.
12. He never wore braces and has excellent dental hygiene. Flosses every day.
13. He's pretty good at Super Mario Brothers and Batman Lego due to the ridiculous amount of practice he's had playing with Banks.
14. He's impressed with Hughes' drawing ability.
15. He never complains about anything I cook whether it be burnt, too salty or just yuck.
16. I met your dad when we were both waiters at Hyman's Seafood in Charleston, SC.
17. I've convinced him to retire to Charleston. (hold him to it, boys)
18. He wore his first bow tie when he defended his thesis(2005) and never went back. Bow ties always.
19. He is plays the guitar and trumpet albeit it's been a long time since the trumpet.
20. He is much more patient with reading books and night time routines than your mom. Y'all can get him to read 5 books and then still want to talk or make up stories. I
21. He loves G.I.Joe and Transformers as much as y'all do.
22. He was born in California but grew up in York, SC.
23. Y'all get your blues eyes and dimples from him.
24. He loves that Banks is into football.
25. He wants to go on an African safari one day.
26. He loves fish and had an aquarium before we moved to DC. He wants one in his office one day.
27. When he was little, he was obsessed with sharks.
28. He was in a band in college and played at the Esso Club in Clemson.
29. He loves the beach.
30. He knows how to snowboard.
31. He cried when each one of you were born because of happiness and pride. He was also a great diaper changer and get-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-and-bring-baby-to-mama-so-she-can-nurse dad.
32. He always compliments your mama and holds doors for her.
33. He's a true gentleman.
34. He loves to come home to three boys yelling "Dad, Dad" and running to give hugs to him.
35. He got glasses in 2nd grade.
36. He loves y'all to no end and is always proud of you.
Happy Birthday, David! We love you and are so very proud of you!
Anne Wimberly & your boys