Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Christmas Blessing


On Christmas Eve, we gathered around the dining room table at Mom's house to bless the food.  The question was put forth "Does any body want to say the blessing?".  Hughes volunteered.  I know I've mentioned it before but Hughes' is known for some pretty sweet blessings.  I love to hear them because it gives me a little glimpse into what he's thinking.

Well, this is what he said:

Everybody put your hands together and think of your friends.  Dear God, thank you for this delicious food.  Why were you born on Christmas Day?  Amen

It was the perfect blessing for our Christmas Eve meal.  I don't think anybody wanted to venture there for the sake of breaking down into tears but Hughes was brave enough to do it for us.  I know Dad was smiling down.


No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers