Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten



Oh My! Kindergarten is here. Real School. Real Tardies. Real Homework.


Hughes started at Harbor View Elementary today and is in Miss Rodgers' class. He has his friends Miller & Conley with him along with his cousin Hudson.

Quick picture with Christian, Wimberly & Collins.


Hudson not quite ready to let go.


Conley getting his work done.

I was so proud of Hughes. He walked in and hung his bookbag up and went to the table with the rest of the children to start working.

Here he is with Miss Rodgers. Excuse the bad light, this was the first time using my new camera.

As I was putting him to bed last night telling him what a great first day he was going to have, he told me that he hoped kindergarten wasn't boring. And, on the way to school this morning he finally admitted that he was a little bit nervous.

Hughes, I can't wait to hear about your first day. I know you're going to be one of the sweetest boys in the classroom. I hope you make lots of friends this year and, most of all, I hope you learn to love school. How in the world did you get big enough to start kindergarten? You're so big that I can hardly pick you up anymore and that makes me a little sad. Have a blast at school and I'll be waiting with a hug and a kiss.


No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers