Sunday, June 27, 2010

24 Week Update


There is no denying it - I'm quite large for being 24 wks (well, 25 wks. now). I went to the doctor last Wednesday for my glucose test and check-up. Hopefully, I passed the test. With past pregnancies, I've always passed so hopefully this is no different. The baby's heartbeat was 151bpm. I'm measuring at 28 wks. which is great if I was 28 wks. but not really a vote of confidence since I was only 24 wks. at the appointment. But, hey, I get big with my babies and I've always lost it. This time it will probably take a little more sweat and effort. I did ask Dr. Dennis when we could label this is as a "big baby". Who knows? Maybe I'm having another Huge Hughes!

As far as weight gain, well, let's just say I've gained plenty. In fact, I've gained 12 pounds in the last four weeks! Geez Louise! So, I've gained a total of 27 pounds - that's what some people gain total in their pregnancies! Oh well, I don't feel like I'm gorging on ice cream sundaes & banana splits!

As far as any pregnancy side-effects, well, my heartburn has reappeared just last week so I'm really looking forward to spending the rest of my nights pregnant popping Tums. David has always been concerned about my dental health and the amount of sugar in Tums but I think I would rather have a mouth full of metal than have to survive the next 15 wks. with heartburn. Thank goodness this is only a pregnancy symptom!

David and I are getting close to an official name. We trying to work out the kinks with his first name as we're fairly certain that this little boy will go by his middle name.

Banks is still very insistent that he has a baby growing in his tummy, too. He does like to sing the Lightning McQueen song that David made up to my tummy. Thankfully, I don't have to sing a song to his tummy. Hughes tries to correct him and tell him that only mom has a baby but Banks is pretty confident that he is growing a baby, too.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers