Monday, May 11, 2009

Soon to come . . .


fresh vegetables out of my backyard!  The squash have blossomed and are growing.  We'll probably be eating fresh squash next week!  The tomatoes are surely growing as well as the cilantro and bell pepper.  The only casualty of the garden has been the cucumbers thanks to Charlie - he trampled them a few too many times so I replaced them last week and put up a little fence to keep him out!  


In case you're wondering, the white stuff you see poking out from the mulch is newspaper.  I put it in between the rows so that weeds wouldn't grow there.  I also have a stray cucumber plant at the bottom left of my planter.  I guess I dropped a seed when planting them originally.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers