Monday, November 3, 2008

Echo Echo Echo

There is obviously an echo in my house!  While giving the boys a bath tonight, I discovered my echo.  Banks loves to stand up in the tub.  I have a hard time getting him to sit down.  So, we were having one of those battles tonight.  Banks kept trying to put his knee up on the side of the tub.  I kept pushing it back down and telling him "no" in a firm voice.  At which he just laughed at me.  We did this little routine about 8 times with my "no's" getting firmer and louder with each leg push.  Well by the 9th time, his little laugh was not so cute anymore.  I gently popped his hand.  This is the point in the story where my echo appeared.  Hughes popped Banks on the behind and said "no".  I about cracked up.  Mainly b/c Hughes had not been paying Banks any attention and all of a sudden decided to take action.  I guess he was tired of hearing me say "no" and being a push over that he thought he needed to put his foot down.  Well, a pop on the hand and the hiney did not effect Banks.  He kept on putting his knee up and smiling.  So, I did what any sane mother would do - I took him out of the tub.
   I think God may have given me my brother's child by mistake or are all 2nd children wide open?  I can give Hughes a stern look and "no" and he'll stop what he's doing immediately.  Banks just smiles at me and keeps doing it.  He is going to be a hand full but also a heartbreaker!   I guess Hughes will continue to have to be the man of the house while Dad is in school.

1 comment:

Faith's Place said...

We need to get our youngest ones together! Your little sound just like my Brooke!!!! I'm not sure what it is about the youngest, but everyone says they are the handful....and they are lying!!! LOL

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers