Friday, December 19, 2008

Clorox Take Me Away!

I am so disgusted right now.  I'm also sorry for the post I'm about to write.  Anyone with small children who haven't been through potty training might want to stop now.  Anyone without children should definitely stop now!  

I warned you.  

Hughes is in his room for quiet time.  He was making a lot of noise and I was afraid that he was going to wake Banks up so I went into his room to tell him to keep it down.  When I walked in, it hit me right in the face - the smell, that is, of a nasty poop.  I asked Hughes if he had an accident, he replied no.  Normally, if Hughes needs to go potty during nap he knocks on the door profusely until I come.  Today that was not the case.  I checked his pants - nope.  I checked a pull-up on the floor - nope.  Then I spotted his step stool that has a lift-up top - right!  He used his step-stool as a POTTY!  

I am shocked, disgusted, confused, etc.!  Why did my sweet boy do that?  He's never done anything like that before.  We don't even teetee outside!  We always use the potty!  Why did he choose to use his step stool?  He's been using the potty since Oct.  - why is he experimenting now?

I fussed at him and told him that we do not use the step stool as a potty and took it out of his room.  I put him in the bed and closed the door.  Then, I had to clean the damn thing!  More disgust, more shock, more confusion!  I want to wash my hands in clorox and throw the step-stool away!!!!!!

Is my sweet boy turning into some crude child?  If this happens again, I'm going to throw up!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I feel your pain. My boys were both very interested in what was in their diapers and "played" in it, often painting an entire room. Now, if Mills has an accident, he takes off the dirty underwear or pull-up and leaves it for me to find somewhere, while he proceeds to sit down on just about every available surface. Yuck!! Yuck!! Yuck!!

I've got my fingers crossed that a little girl won't do these types of things!

Jennifer said...

At least he went in some kind of receptacle? But it doesn't sound like that made it any better...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers