Thursday, November 29, 2012

Oh boy, the boys are gonna get it . . .



So, I just finished cleaning and organizing the boys' playroom.  It takes me about an hour and a half to get it completely clean just the way I like it.  Unfortunately for me, the boys don't necessarily see why their toys need to be organize.  One day they'll learn that it's easier to find a specific, tiny, little tip of their beyblade or the head to their Lego man if they just keep their toys organized.

I started this solely for The Great Toy Clean Out that I participate in every year.  The boys have no clue that I do this and I can't remember a time when they've come to me and ask where so-and-so was after I have gotten rid of it.  I donate a lot to Goodwill.  If my boys aren't playing with it then off it goes.  My mindset is that another child would love it so why hoard it.  Don't get me wrong, somehow they still have a lot of toys but they're just things I know they play with:  Legos, Transformers, Bionicles, cars, games/puzzles, superheroes, costumes, etc.  

Back to my morning, as I was cleaning up I eyed the couch.  For some reason, the boys love to take the cushions off the couch, shove toys underneath it, and dump other small toys on top of the bare seat portion.  (FYI - the boys are getting a tent from Santa and I hope that means they'll leave the couch cushions alone)  I crawl over to the couch to start cleaning up that area and I notice that there is some trash behind it.  I moved the couch over and I find . . .

three wads of chewed-up bubblegum!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, they are too old to do something like that!   I couldn't believe it.  My precious boys spitting their gum behind the couch and thinking it's okay to leave it there.  Do I just have slobs as children?  What have I missed teaching them?  They know what a trashcan is.  They know how to use it or,  apparently,  they don't know how to one.

Lucky for them, it came up from the carpet with no problem.  But now I have to figure out how I'm going to handle the situation.  

Do I - 
a) ask them What the hell were you thinking?
b) ban gum for life?
c) try to have a rational talk on why we don't throw gum on the ground?
d) tell them Santa is not coming?

I vote for a, b, or d.  C just seems to reasonable.

And, one last thing.

Dear Boys,
    When you are in your 30s and have your own houses and are barely able to keep your house presentable, Dad and I are going to come over and spit chewed-up gum behind your couches.
                                                                                                      Love,
                                                                                                      Mom

As they say, payback is a bitch.




No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers