Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Croupy Croup


The croup has invaded.

Croup - 3 Holman Boys - 0

Clearly, the croup is winning. It has now taken down all three boys each individually. Banks had it first but seemed to only have a touch of it. He was only down for maybe 2 days. Then, Hughes had a full-blown case and was out of school for four days last week and ended up on steroids to treat the swelling in his throat. And, now Collins.

I actually took him to the Children's ER at MUSC on Sunday afternoon because he was having trouble getting a good breath when I got him up from his nap. So, I called David at the law library, told him what I was doing and he met us over there. They gave him an oral steroid to help with the throat swelling that lasted 36 hours. Today, he is feeling worst than he did yesterday so I took him to the pediatrician to get checked out again. Still swelling in his throat so they gave him a shot of steroids. You know your baby feels terrible when they can't even muster a cry when getting two shots in their thighs. I'm fully expecting him to have roid rage at some point.

But, on the positive side . . .

Wait. There is no positive side.
(of course, I know there is a positive. this will pass. it's not terminal. i'm just being dramatic)

He also has hand, foot, mouth disease. Not to be outdone by his big brothers, Collins had to one-up them.

So, I shall sit in the house and be quarantined for another week. You would think with all this time at home my house would be spotless but it's not. Collins likes to be held and he likes to nap on me. What can I say? I'm a sucker for some baby snuggling time. I'm no fool. I'll take what I can get.


1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh, how awful - I hope Collins feels better soon and that y'all are done for the season!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers