Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of School 2013


Today is the start of the 2013-2014 school year.  Hughes is starting 2nd grade and Banks is starting kindergarten at Waynewood Elementary in Alexandria, Virginia.



Hughes' teacher is Mrs. Prather and I think we're going to really like her.  I've been told she is the teacher to have if you are a boy.  


Banks' teacher is Mrs. Whitton and has a grandmotherly vibe.  I think Banks is going to rock kindergarten.


Collins getting in the picture.  He starts school next week.


Boys, 
I hope you both have awesome years and prove to be great listeners to your teachers.  Make lots of new friends and soak in all the knowledge you can.  We are so very proud of you both and we know y'all will shine!



On the way!
Hughes was ready to leave me in the dust.  Once we got into the school building he took off.  I told him this was going to be the only day that I would walk him to his classroom.  I wanted to make sure he remembered how to get there because it is on the 2nd floor.  He seemed relieved once he realized that I wasn't going to walk him to his classroom everyday.  He is growing up too fast!



Seeing some friends outside - Jackson and Barrett.  Also 2nd and K5.


"Mom, that's enough".  I left soon after.  I can't believe Hughes is in 2nd grade.  That is the grade that I taught and I expected a lot from my students.  


Banks completing his ABC connect the dots paper.  He was a little unsure of himself but I think with time his confidence will come.


And then there was one.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers