Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Banks!

We scheduled you 10 days before my due date b/c of what havic your brother reaked on me.  A week and a half early and you were still 7.12 lbs.  I think you may be been near the size of your brother had we waited until your due date which was the 17th.  Dad got to cut the umbilical cord which he didn't get to do with Hughes.  He was very interested in the whole c-section and Dr. Dennis allowed him to do as much as possible.  Good thing I trust your daddy.  You came out wailing but I haven't heard you wail that loud since.  Everybody under the sun came to welcome you into the world.



Banks, Dad and I are still battling over which school you will go to.  Don't worry, I know you'll make me proud especially when you grow up and can compare football teams!


Where does the time go?  I can't believe Banks is already one!  He's ready to walk any day now.  He just needs to build up the confidence to try to take a step - cruising is his preferred method of transportation.  He babbles a lot - way more than Hughes ever thought of doing.  Banks is also a fantastic sleeper and he has a very relaxed disposition.  It takes a lot to make this boy mad although, I will say, Hughes has done so more and more lately.  Banks is not interested in soft plush toys, he wants the cars and trucks that his big brother plays with.  

I don't remember life before Banks.  Or before having a double stroller.  Or before having two kids in diapers.  Or before having double the amount of baby/kid toys in the house.  Or before having two sets of little mouths to feed.  Or before having two sweet boys at the dinner table and afterwards two filthy boys.  Or before having two beautiful faces to kiss good night to every night.  


Banks, you have made this past year wonderful.  You smile with your whole face and you have the best disposition - relaxed and chilled.  I love you to the moon and back.  Love, Mama

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Banks!

Neal said...

Happy Birthday Banks!!!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Banks!!

Anonymous said...

so sweet - you made me cry! happy bday, little boy!!

Meredith said...

AnneWimberly, You just made me cry! Your kids are beautiful. Parker turned 4 in September and Cmeron is now 16 months!It is hard to remember life with out kids!
Meredith Kirch

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers